Below, we present the top 20 performance metrics for measuring B2B search engine optimization. Regardless of the industry you’re in, these metrics can help you to improve your B2B marketing services.
- Organic Search Engine Traffic-This is the most basic performance metric for B2B SEO marketing.
- Percentage of Traffic from Organic Search-This percentage will vary based on the differing online marketing techniques and strategies you use in your B2B SEO services.
- Unique Keywords Delivering Traffic-If you focus on continually developing new content, you should see an increase in this number over time.
- Landing Pages Receiving Traffic-This refers to the number of URLs found in search engine results that received impressions or traffic.
- Conversions from Organic Search Engine Traffic-Although there are many different types of goals your business might define in terms of conversion, it’s important to ensure you are tracking those goals on a regular basis as part of your digital marketing for B2B.
- Conversion Rate from Organic Search Engine Traffic-This metric should be measured in comparison to other digital and online marketing channels for the purpose of determining the quality of traffic you receive from organic search.
- Events Created from Organic Search Engine Traffic-This metric can be particularly well suited for lead generation efforts that are not as sales-centric, such as link or image clicks or video views.
- Percentage of Search Traffic from Non-Branded Keyword Search Referrals
- Percentage of Search Traffic from Core Keyword Strategies
- Keyword Rank Monitoring-Regardless of the industry in which you are involved, it’s important to focus on achieving the best keyword position in search engine results possible.
- Inbound Links
- Social Shares-This metric should be measured based on the number of shares acquired per platform of program. Make sure your B2B search engine optimization agency is tracking this metric.
- Contacts-Refers to the number of contacts that are researched, contacted, and with whom communication has been made.
- Content Generated-This metric could also include content reviewed.
- Unique Domains
- Monthly Improvements-This metric could include improvements in keyword referrals, organic search traffic, and any other performance metrics. Should be tracked on a month-to-month basis.
- Yearly Improvements-In addition, it’s important to track year-to-year improvements in keyword referrals, organic search engine traffic, conversions, and various other performance metrics.
- Pages Indexed in Google
- Revenue from Organic Search Engine Traffic
- Inbound Links Created.