B2B search marketing is hot right now because of the almost constant developments that keep it relevant. Without B2B business marketing, the internet would be a dull place for businesses marketing to other businesses. It would be difficult for companies that need each other to connect. Therefore, it is important to know what the trends are so that you can follow them and maintain your competitiveness. Below is a list of five B2B business marketing trends to integrate into your search marketing strategy.
- Mobile Optimization Is Everything
Every year, the amount of traffic that is generated by mobile is increasing. This is because nearly everyone is using a mobile device to find information on the internet. Even in the B2B market, mobile is a big deal when creating leads and increasing conversions. If a website isn’t optimized for mobile, you risk losing customers to your competitors. Responsive web design is key to giving visitors the best possible experience.
- Voice Search Is Now PopularBecause so much search is done by voice, this changes the game when it comes to keywords. What people say and what they type are two completely different things. Factor in digital assistance, such as Siri and Cortana, and you will notice during keyword research that the long-tail keywords are getting longer. These keywords are gems that you need to be using.
- On-Page SEO Is ChangingOn-page SEO changes frequently based on trends. However, it isn’t just about the content anymore. B2B business marketing highly depends on a great website. This means that content must be optimized, the site structure must be clear, and internal linking must be done. You also should measure site metrics, such as click-through rate and social engagement.
- Video Will Be Around for a WhileVideo has been around for a while, and it’s going nowhere. In fact, video is making for a great B2B advertising tactic because you can get a message across in an entertaining way. Facebook is revolutionizing the way we take in video content, which makes sense since videos on the site are viewed 8 billion times a day. People love videos.
- Link Building Isn’t DyingContrary to popular belief, link building isn’t dying. The Penguin update affected many sites, but it didn’t kill link building. The one thing to keep in mind is that quality is better than quantity. As long as your links are relevant and search engines use them for page ranking, they will work. You also want to make sure your anchor text changes from link to link so you’re not flagged for spam. This is just another valuable component in B2B search marketing.