In terms of the SEO the one point to remember is that it works backwards to a normal advertising medium.
With SEO you pay now and we work now for results that start to happen after time and continue long after the campaign is done.
SEO is an investment with lasting value. Below is a pros & cons list I use for clients:
SEO – the pros
• long term results (benefits remain after the campaign is over)
• High ROI
• In most of the cases, a proper SEO campaign comes with much lower costs than a PPC campaign
• can be very lucrative if done correctly
SEO – the cons
• is a long term process and you only get middle to long time results
• it’s a complicated process involving hundreds of factors
• in most cases, can’t guarantee exact results (like first position for a keyword)
PPC – the pros
• can guarantee exact results (first position for a keyword, with a proper budget)
• you only pay when a visitor comes to the site
• you don’t have to modify the code of the site
• you can target many keywords and people from different geographical regions
• offers you immediate results and immediate visitors
PPC – the cons
• setting and managing campaigns is kind of tricky. Should only be done by professional
• it’s pricey
• can be frauded
• can be affected by visitors add blinding (people generally prefer natural search results over the paid ones, which they tend to ignore)
Both have a place in well designed overall marketing strategy. Talk to us about when and how they should be part of your internet marketing mix.